Header Ads

Header ADS

André Rieu's clothing discussed

André Rieu is a Dutch violinist born on the first of October 1949 with the highest probability in Maastricht. Personally I adore him as a dirigent, maybe just for his ramrod posture. Thanks to my volatile study of the fashion of the sixties I thought I have something to say about his clothing in my blog post today.

As a devil out of a box he appears in front of his giant orchestra. His tailcoat drawing the zig zag we remember from Batman's sword. The tailcoat is a trousers out of the first half of the 19th century and even appears in male clothing of the 18th century, this all depending from the genre of tailcoat. What I further had to remark about his clothing is that his skirt remembers in a way a fashion aspect of the sixties probably made by one Who member. The latter wore a kind of a bib in lace. After observing the sketch of the rig of a man called Beau Brummell, who lived around the year 1800, I admit that this kind of clothing could have stand model for the one mostly worn by André Rieu and thus maybe there wasn't even a need that I made that detour via the sixties. To find a real fashion journalist interviewing him, I should dig deeper.

Much of the Western music heritage origines from centuries ago.

Geen opmerkingen

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.