Header Ads

Header ADS

The holy pig of Germany

Other cultures have as holy animal the cow, the ape ... but Germany has now accidentally a by many cultures hated piece of cattle they process in all kinds of meat dishes: the pig. It is called an unrein animal by the Muslims and the Jews.

Now that we're in the fortnightly of the winter feasts without much doubt many German tables will about burst of all kind of porc. In my childhood while waiting in the queue by the butcher, I always stood dreaming, my eyes fixed on one of those colourful plates against the wall. They were a sketch of a longitudinal coupe through one of the consumable mammalia species in our regions: the horse, the cow and the pig. I suppose that was it about. Within the cow there is a very big variation also and I wouldn't be surprised if the choice wasn't bigger than within porc in earlier, but I would write about the Germans' biggest delicacy: porc.

Never throw a stone in direction of the Germans and/or their favorite meat. I don't know about the effect in case for instance you would for one or another reason this poor animal pelt with pebbles. Animal cruelty is out of question. There is also no holy pig in Germany and I would nearly be shocked in case the holy cow of India would still exist. The ape is generally protected as everybody knows. As far as I know you can't keep any ape as pet, although I heared about the situation in Pakistan where they are maybe just integrated in an ordinary family or else people have started to influence animals in wild, it seems they are dressed! Chimps wear cloths nowadays just as you and I. Also animals they send no longer in space. Maybe that's the reason that the Mars mission planned by the Marssociety is launched so diffficultly. In a couple of years they ever planned to send a mice nest around Mars! If I'm right they call that a flyby. Back to Germany, that enhalts one of the main headquarters of the ESA, although since I applied there a couple of times (in the administration) I have the impression that everything is more between Italians there. My favorite science fiction clip with animals in it and with the aim to have some food on the Moon is one of the versions if not the first of "The First Men in the Moon" by Henri George Wells. As far as I remember there isn't any pig in that movie. Miss Piggy was the star of the muppet show.

It's not easy to find a German piece of art based on just a pig. Click here for a pick of the bunch concerning the location of the cutlets, chops, where beer and other sausages come from, ham, bacon, pork legs and ditto ears, kidneys, liver, tail ... and so on. There is an odd sausage that the Germans must fully be integrating in their daily diet now. Of course pluriculturalism in Germany had ended disastereous as Angela Merkel seems to say it about herself. But they have always a second chance. As long as there is life, there is hope! A merguez is a spiced saucage. It contains pieces of a pepper. More as a green. I say this because you have just pepper in powder also, you have black and or white pepper. Black and green pepper come from Piper nigrum. Click here to find your way through all kinds of pepper on wikipedia.
What so odd is about merguez, well it doesn't even contains pig parts or in other words it's no porc or pork.. I start to understand why the pluriculturalism is such a disaster despite the Islamic rally Angie did all through Berlin I suppose. A number of foreign cultures are not mixable with the German one, but I can imagine too well a couple of Germans going out for Chinese dinner! Why not? I never studied the Germans' habitudes by heart. It wouldn't really shock me, but I would find that quite unbelievable that Germans don't eat chicken or eggs. (Not to talk about turkey) The practical side of bird meat in Western culture is that you can easily combine it with citrus fruits. It's possible that the Chinese mix porc with these latter since millennia. Okay, it seems that in the States they mix whatever what but they also say about the Americans that they can't cook.

More about sausages

Go here for the wikipedia version. Come back soon for this interesting chapter in human's history, without doubt the most exciting also!

Geen opmerkingen

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.